What's been happening
- Jan 2017 Professor Henry Snaith visit to Monash University
- Nov 2016 We welcome visitor Jessica Alves.
- Nov 2016 Congratulations to Philipp Reineck for getting a spotlight in The Journal of Physical Chemistry Letters.
- Nov 2016 Congratulations to Udo for a successful LIEF (equiptment funding) application.
- Oct 2016 MCN Blender workshop hosted by Soon Hock Ng and Julian Lloyd.
- Oct 2016 Farewell to Alex, we are sad to see you leave the Monash RE team. Enjoy your teaching, there is a very lucky Victorian School out there!
- Sep 2016 Graphics Workshop @ Monash hosted by Soon Hock Ng and Julian Lloyd.
- Sep 2016 MCN Technology Fellow Ambassador Program launch.
- Sep 2016 We celebrate the funding of the ARC Centre of Excellence in Exciton Science.
- Aug 2016 "Tandem solar cells to capture even more light." Nij returns to The Science Show.
- Aug 2016 "A letter to students considering a PhD." Nij Lal on ABC Radio National's The Science Show.
- Aug 2016 Taking over the ABC Snapchat account for a day. Well done Nij.
- Jul 2016 "Shining a light on solar." Nij Lal featured on ABC Radio National program Life Matters.
- Jun 2016 Congratulations to Niraj Lal for being recognised in "Top 5 Under 40: Meet ABC RN's newest scientists in residence".
- Jun 2016 We welcome Sebastian Fürer for his Early Postdoc., funded by the Swiss National Science Foundation.
- May 2016 We say farewell to Steffen Meyer, thanks for being part of the Renewable Energy Group and we wish you all the best for the future!
- Apr 2016 Annual New Horizons Bocce Championships - winners Professor Yi-Bing and Sandra Pedersen.
- Mar 2016 "Lily D'Ambrosio is the Member for Mill Park and the Minister for Industry, Energy and Resources." Visit to Monash University Renewable Energy Group.
- Mar 2016 We welcome Boer Tan (PhD Student).
- Mar 2016 We welcome Samira Jama Aden (Visitor)
We welcome Samira Jama Aden as a visitor from the BAU KUNST ERFINDEN (Building Art Invention) research group/ University of Kassel/ Prof. Heike Klussmann for her research project "DysCrete“ funded by the the Research Initiative Future Building and the The Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft (DFG, German Research Foundation).
- Mar 2016 We welcome Niraj Lal (Postdoc).
- Feb 2016 Feb 2016 - Guest Speaker, Jochen Feldmann from Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität, "Optical and thermophoretic forces on plasmonic particles".
- Feb 2016 We welcome Dorota Bacal (PhD Student).
- Feb 2016 Congratulations to Julian Lloyd for winning an award for his poster Size-selective Adsorption of Gold Nanoparticles by electrostatic dimer formation at the International Conference on Nanoscience and Nanotechnology (ICONN 2016) Canberra.
- Dec 2015 Group attendance to Third ACAP Conference and Second Asia-Pacific Research Conference (APSRC) Brisbane
Poster presentations by:
Qicheng Hou: Four terminal perovskite/silicon tandem solar cells
Feng Li: A feasible approach to examine the quality of organohalide perovskite film and device.
- Nov 2015 We welcome Lei Yang (Postdoc).
- Oct 2015 "Working with Lead" safety seminar, guest speakers from Monash Occupational Health and Safety Team.
- Oct 2015 Seminar - Guest Speaker, Sven Hüttner from University of Bayreuth, "Iodine ION migration in perovskite based solar cells and its effect on Hysteresis".
- Aug 2015 Seminar - Guest Speaker Professor Thomas Bein from University of Munich, "Adventures with novel solar cell materials - from Perovskite solar cells to Electroactive Molecular Frameworks".
- Aug 2015 We welcome Wenxin Mao (PhD Student).
- May 2015 We welcome Askhat Jumabekov (Postdoc).
- Mar 2015 We welcome - Xiongfeng (Linton) Lin (PhD Student).
- Feb 2015 We welcome - Wei Li (Postdoc).
- Sep 2014 We welcome Qicheng Hou (PhD student).
- Aug 2014 We welcome Feng Li (Postdoc) from the National University of Singapore.
- Apr 2014 We welcome Isabella Alves de Castro from EMBRAPA Instrumentação, São Carlos, Brazil for her 12 month research project.
- Mar 2014 We welcome our 4th year student Linton Lin.
- Feb 2014 We welcome Rebecca Milhuisen (PhD student).
- Jan 2014 We welcome Philipp Greubel from Helmut Schmidt University, Hamburg, Germany (Master student) and Julian Lloyd (PhD student) from TU Munich, Germany.
- Mar 2013 Congratulations to Dr. Torben Daeneke who was awarded the 2012 Mollie Holman Doctoral Medal for the best PhD thesis submitted in 2012 to the Faculty of Science at Monash University.
- Mar 2013 We have now moved into our brand-new custom built Renewable Energy research lab in the New Horizons Building. This >1,000 m2 lab and office space is shared between 4 research groups.
- Feb 2013 Our group is part of the US-Australia Institute for Advanced Photovoltaics.